If you are planning on having carpet installed in your house or doing it yourself, there are a few obvious measurements and details, then there are the less obvious things to know.
Obvious carpet installation details
- Square feet of
- carpet pad/cushion
- Linear feet of tack strip
- Make sure you have the right tools
Less obvious carpet installation details
- Is your floor squeaky? This can affect your sanity in the years to come. Once your carpet is up, you’re going to want to check for squeaks in your subfloor. Note: we do this for free when we install Denver carpet.
- Make sure to vacuum and/or mop & dry (depending on the subfloor) to remove dust. Carpet can collect years of dust that settles below the carpet and carpet pad. When your carpet is pulled up, it is a rare opportunity to remove that dust. This can help with asthma, removing smells, and general cleanliness.
- Paint the baseboard before putting it back. When you replace carpet, you’ll often encounter paint that is at the previous carpet level. Your new carpet won’t be the same height. Take the time to sand and paint your baseboards and you’ll be so much happier with the finished product.
- If you get headaches after replacing your carpet, stay somewhere else for a few days and leave the windows cracked. New petroleum-based carpet can off-gas.
So when you are considering whether to hire professional Denver carpet installation or do it yourself, there are some tips to help you along the way.
Why are carpet tiles such a hit in Denver? Seasonal damage control!
Carpet tiles are a big hit in Denver and around the country. One of the reasons that carpet tiles (or sometimes called “carpet squares”) are such a hit is because if you stain or damage your carpet, it’s simple to remove that one tile and replace it with a clean one. In Denver, where can snow six months of the year, it’s important to have a carpet that can handle that amount of debris.
If you’re interested in buying the carpet tiles from us, then installing them yourself, you’ll need to have some good information on how to do it. Here are some links you’ll find helpful:
A carpet installation tip that other sites don’t mention:
Before you start laying carpet tiles, draw your pattern on graph paper. If you’re interested, also draw the arrows that the tiles will be facing. This will give you a great guide that you can work off of, which is very helpful on complicated patterns!
Less carpet sold means better prices for carpet.
While Shaw Industries (of Shaw Carpet brand) plans layoffs and housing numbers continue to be down, the number of impacts from the recession continue to pile up.
One thing that has been piling up as well are discounts in carpet. Discounted carpet is a side effect of the over-supply of carpet and flooring options as the construction industry has been slow to rebound from the housing crisis since 2008.
Don’t confuse discounted carpet with cheap carpet. The carpet that’s available is from brands like Shaw, Mohawk, Stainmaster – all the best brands in the industry. Don’t settle for cheap carpet brands.
Feel free to negotiate – it’s a Denver carpet buyer’s market!
Denver prices for carpet are at historic lows, even with the prices of oil and cotton rising. Now is a great time not only to get good retail prices, but carpet buyers have more sway to set their desired prices and see who matches them.
If you’re considering carpet tiles or replacing existing carpet, now is the perfect time to get in touch with a Denver carpet dealer. Don’t wait until the housing market gets stronger – it will already be too late to get some of these great deals.
Our low prices are no secret: we sell carpet wholesale, not irregular
One of the major players in the Denver discount carpet market is Sloan’s Carpet Secret. Their deal is that they sell consumers “irregulars;” carpet that has not been approved by the manufacturer for general sale.
The irregularities that discount carpet dealers work with are small, and consumers approve the carpet before it is installed in their homes. Continue reading
There are over 100 buying options for Denver Shaw carpet.
We match the best prices. We win with our customer service and installation quality.
When shopping for Shaw carpet in Denver, you’ll find the standard options: Carpet Exchange, The Home Depot, and some “discount carpet” outlets. Do a search, you’ll see.
But when shopping for Shaw carpet, you want the people who will not only get you the best prices on Shaw carpet in Denver, but also the best service, and — perhaps most important — the best installation.
Top-quality Shaw carpet installation is vital.
No matter how well a carpet is constructed (and Shaw is some of the best!), if it’s installed improperly, the life of the carpet will be dramatically reduced. We guarantee our installation of Shaw carpet for years. If you have any issues, we will fix it for free. We do it right the first time, though, so you won’t have any issues to fix!
Learn more about our Denver carpet installation services.